A healthy breakfast?
Who has time for a healthy breakfast?
Most people would rather have a few extra minutes of sleep than get up early just to have a healthy breakfast. Besides, they feel if they skip breakfast, they will have more room to eat extra at lunch and dinner.
Also read, Healthy breakfast ideas for busy individuals
Why a healthy breakfast?
- The truth is your body has been fasting ever since you ate your last meal.
- Your body is dehydrated and in need of fuel which, in turn, will put your metabolism into high gear.
- Breakfast helps to control your body weight.
- Healthy breakfast foods are rich in essential nutrients vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, etc.
- Statistics from the National Weight Control Registry show that 80% of people who have lost 30 pounds and kept it off all say they eat breakfast every day.
Are you know about The value of a healthy breakfast to lose weight?
Exactly what is a healthy breakfast?
- A healthy breakfast is not grabbing a bagel and some coffee as you run out the door.
- It is important that you have the proper nutrition to kick start your metabolism and increase your energy level.
- Eating breakfast will result in eating less later on in the day when your metabolism is slower.
- It may take some time to get accustomed to this new schedule because you have trained your body to not get fuel early in the morning. This will change once your body gets accustomed to getting fuel first thing in the morning.
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” Adelle Davis (1904-1974)
A healthy breakfast should include whole grains, fruits, and protein. Increasing your protein intake at breakfast will help to decrease water retention and raise your resting metabolism by 20% if your breakfast calories from protein are at least 30%.
And, you can also read the following blog. Healthy breakfast for all those out and about
Easy Breakfast Ideas for Good Health:
- Eggs with turkey bacon and a slice of tomato. Adding cottage cheese will also be very good.
- A packet of protein powder helps to kick start your metabolism at breakfast.
- ½ c. of Old-Fashioned oatmeal cooked with water mixed with 1 apple sprinkled with apple pie spice + 2 Tbsp. almonds
- 1no – 6” – 12” corn tortillas warmed filled with 4 scrambled egg whites, ½ c. fresh baby spinach, ¼ c. salsa, and ¼ c. sliced avocado
- 1no – whole-wheat English muffin with 2 Tbsp. hummus spread and topped with ½ fresh plum tomato, 3 lettuce leaves, organic turkey bacon, and 1 slice of cheese.
- 1½ c. whole-grain puffs with 1 c. skim milk, 2 Tbsp. almonds and 8 dried apricots.
- Apple-Pecan oatmeal + 3 vegetarian sausage links.
- 2 hard-boiled or poached eggs, ½ grapefruit or other fruit in season, 1 c. green tea
- 1 c. non-sweetened cereal, ¼ c. unsalted sunflower seeds, 1 c. skim milk, ½ c. fruit of your choice
- 2 – scrambled eggs, 4 scrambled egg whites (may top with salsa). 1 apple of 1 c. fresh berries, 1 c. green tea
Are you searching for a Guide to making healthy breakfast recipes?
Hope the above-given information is helpful to you. Let me know your thoughts on the comment box.
Here is another benefit from having breakfast….